The Lee Board of County Commissioners announced last month a plan to waive tolls on Sundays from Aug. 6 to Sept. 10 for the Sanibel Causeway in support of “Savor the Shore” campaign organized by the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau.
While the Sanibel Causeway tolls have been waived on those Sundays, patrons visiting Sanibel’s beach parks must still pay the hourly rate of $5 or have a valid beach parking sticker affixed to their vehicle’s windshield. Click here for information on Sanibel Beach parking and beach parking permits.
Additionally, review the following information regrading the Sanibel Boat Ramp. As Monday, Sept. 4 is Labor Day, the boat ramp will be open for permit holders only.
• The boat ramp is open to permit holders on weekdays, weekends, and Holidays.
• The boat ramp is open to the public (non-permit holders) on weekdays that are not Holidays for a $40 daily fee.
• There is no beach access at the Sanibel Boat Ramp at this time.
• Commercial use of the boat ramp is prohibited.
• Fines for violations at the boat ramp are $250.