provided to The Santiva Chronicle
The next meeting of the Captiva Community Panel will be at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 14 via Zoom. Due to a change in schedules, this meeting will be Zoom only. In-person gatherings are slated to begin with the Jan. 11 meeting at South Seas Island Resort.
Among the items to be discussed at the Dec. 14 meeting:
• LOSOM/Lake Okeechobee update
• Future management of SLR efforts and focus for the SLR Committee
• Proposed county regulation of “mobile food vendors”
• Approval of the panel-appointed seat (to begin serving a three-year term in January), the panel’s 2022 budget and the 2022 schedule of meeting.
• Updates from island organizations and the panel’s committees.