provided to The Santiva Chronicle
In Search of Speakers: The Sanibel Community House is looking to bring back its Community Social speaker series. If you are someone who likes public speaking and is knowledgeable about any of the following themes, contact us: local produce or food, cultural cuisine like Thai food or German food, or interesting travel food stories. We are also looking for Women leaders and changemakers for a Women Speaker Series. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
Mangos Wanted: Chef John and The Community House are looking for your locally grown mangos. We use locally sourced ingredients for Kids Cooking Classes to teach kids delicious healthy recipes. Our chef also uses fresh fruit for our chutneys and salsas, which are sold to raise funds for SCH culinary scholarships. If you have a mango or fruit tree of any kind and are willing to share its bounty, even if you are not in town, please let us know. If you don’t have fruit to donate but would be willing to collect/pick the fruit, we would also love your help. Please contact us at 239-472-2155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sanibel-Captiva Art League will be exhibiting works by SCAL artists Carolyn Johns and Patrick Conolly for August. The exhibit can be viewed from 9 am to 1 p.m., Monday to Friday through Aug. 26.
• The Community House will be closed to the public from Aug. 30 to Sept. 5 for maintenance.
• Shell Critter Kits are available for purchase or to ship. Choose from a variety of critters for you to assemble at home. $5 per kit, shipping $10 additional. You can pick one up at The Community House from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Friday. Proceeds to benefit The Community House operations.
• Shell Necklace Kits are available for purchase or to ship. $20 per kit, shipping an additional $10. All materials and instructions included. Proceeds to benefit The Community House Operations. Necklaces can be picked up from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Art Kits are available for purchase or to ship. Eight different postcards to color and Zentangle. Sharpie and educational video link included —$ 20 per kit. Proceeds to benefit The Community House operations.