‘Wild About CROW’ Postponed; Tickets Still On Sale

provided to The Santiva Chronicle

The historic Burroughs Home and Gardens in downtown Fort Myers

Tickets are still on sale for the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife’s fundraising event ‘WILD About CROW.’ The event will now be held from 6:15 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, March 11 at the historic Burroughs Home and Gardens in downtown Fort Myers.

Originally scheduled to be held on January 15, this “wildly” popular event was postponed due to the recent COVID variant spike in cases. “The health of our attendees, our staff and our animals is our foremost concern. Wild about CROW is attended by many of our hospital staff handling our Ambassador Animals and we couldn’t risk potential exposure to them or to the attendees,” noted CROW’s Executive Director Alison Charney Hussey.

WILD will feature a sit-down dinner, appearances by CROW’s Animal Ambassadors, and plenty of fun surprises for guests to show their support for CROW. Themed animal print masks will be provided for attendees and tables will be socially distanced to allow guests a fun, wild, and safe night! Jen Stacy of ABC7 will emcee and assist auctioneer Chris Marchaund, sponsored by Spivey Law Firm, to raise both awareness and funds for CROW’s mission. Of course, great music, sponsored by Superior Title, will be provided by southwest Florida native, DJ Robert McDonald of New Beginnings Events.

“CROW admitted over 6,000 wildlife patients in 2021 – a record number – and only 20 percent come from Sanibel/Captiva Islands where we are located,” says Hussey. “Our inaugural event in 2020, pre-COVID, brought awareness to the sold out crowd of the passion of CROW’s staff and the reach to all of Lee County and beyond where the other 80 percent of our patients originate. We know our attendees really enjoyed themselves then and we’ve great things planned for 2022.”

The purchase period for discounted tickets at the price of $150 per person will be extended. On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 5:00 p.m., the ticket price will increase to $175 per person. Guests also have the option to purchase a table as an “Awesome Opossum” Host and fill it with 7 of their closest friends or colleagues for $1750. The Host sponsors will receive entry for two for the Virginia Opossum VIP Reception inside the Burroughs Home before the event with an exclusive meet and greet opportunity with CROW’s Animal Ambassadors, Mina, the Great Horned Owl and Sydney, the American Alligator!

Tickets and host tables can be purchased online. Event sponsors also include Northern Trust, as a Bronze Bobcat sponsor, Superior Title as the Entertainment sponsor, Scanlon Auto Group as the Southern Black Racer Valet sponsor, Millenial Brewing Company as the Burrowing Owl Brew sponsor, Spivey Law Group as the Auction sponsor, and Waterman Broadcasting as the Spoonbill Media sponsor. For more information on becoming a sponsor, contact Lori Cook-North at lori@eventfulinc.com.

About Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)
Established in 1968, the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW) is a teaching hospital saving the sick, injured and orphaned native and migratory wildlife of Southwest Florida and beyond.  Through state-of-the-art veterinary care, public education programs and an engaging visitor center, CROW works to improve the health of the environment, humans and our animals through wildlife medicine. For more information, or to plan your visit, go to www.crowclinic.org. If you find an animal that is in need of help, call (239) 472-3644 ext. #222.

Leave a Comment

We are interested in articulate, well-informed remarks that are relevant to the article. We welcome your advice, your criticism and your unique insights into the issues of the day. To be approved for publication, your comments should be civil and avoid name-calling. It may take up to 24 hours for your comment to appear, if it is approved.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.