Firefighters Extinguish Fires From Cooking, Blown Transformer

Sanibel firefighters responded to a cooking fire in an oven and extinguished hot spots from a blown transformer last week. There was no damage to the structure from the cooking fire and the blown transformer caused a small area of brush to catch on fire.

Sanibel Fire & Rescue District responded to 22 additional incidents from Nov. 28 to Dec 8:

Medical related, including EMS: 8
Rescue: 1 on Dec. 5
Equipment problem: 2
Accident: 1
Public Service Assistance: 2
Canceled en route: 4
Detector malfunction and unintentional alarms: 4

Leave a Comment

We are interested in articulate, well-informed remarks that are relevant to the article. We welcome your advice, your criticism and your unique insights into the issues of the day. To be approved for publication, your comments should be civil and avoid name-calling. It may take up to 24 hours for your comment to appear, if it is approved.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.